Leaving on a jetplane

"Okay! All the pretty ones, gather round for a  photie!" Scattered groups of people sitting on the airport floor break up and walk towards us. They pose and laugh, everyone huddling close and hanging their arms around each other. I'm squashed in tightly in the left side of the mêlée, but it feels great knowing that these are the people I'll be spending the next two and a half weeks touring through Europe with. These are my fellow choristers. These are me friends." 

The flight down to Zurich was amazing. 44 students from the choir of the University of Johannesburg climbed aboard a airbus on the 20th of June to begin the 10 hour 40 minute journey to Zurich. For some it was there first time out of the country. For others, it was there first time on a plane. In general, the experience was great, and for me it will not be the last.

Comments

Popular Posts