August inspirations

This is the time of year which I find most inspiring. Forget about my birthday, never mind New Year. These few weeks between the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring make me feel like something magical is about to happen…and I will be lucky enough to be privy to it! That’s probably because throughout these transformative weeks the very air is filled with change:

A shift in the still wintry air as the August winds arrive and whisper of Summer rains…

The Dawn bringing its orange and gold glow to the world, earlier and earlier every day…

And the birds who croon me awake – their songs seem sweeter, their plumage brighter, and their flights and flurries resonate with hope.

A Weavers nest hanging in our garden.
The little man is doing his best and showing off brightly,


But the most inspirational, and my favourite of all these magics, is the heady scent of Jasmine which lathers the air. At first it starts gently – and almost imperceptible  freshness in the chilly night air. Soon, it grows, as more buds turn purple, pink, white and then burst open in the night to set free their perfumes. Until eventually, it is all I can smell at night: that thick, heavy and intoxicatingly sweet scent from the tiny star-shaped flowers around my room.

The jasmine blossoms around my room - already trumpeting out the
sweetest of scents

















Whenever the Jasmine blooms, I know that Spring is on her way, and following her, a space and time for new things to begin.

Comments

Popular Posts