Fantasy: First Moon of Winter

The night of Winter begins to settle down around us. Tentacles of her cold crawl along the ground, and I hold my breath as the Meadow begins to sleep.

Shades of violet-blue and memories of golden daylight bloom in the sky. It is beautiful, as the almost silent sigh of the slumbering season lifts into that sky...and floats away. And now, its just the cold that remains. One by one, the maidens of the night appear in the sky: stars dressed in white, and sparkling with a diamond-light! And there is the Moon, her face only peeping through the curtain of sky. Around her, the colours deepen and sunlight fades...

I've pulled my arms inside my cloak. Whisps of white breath rise up when I breathe, and the cold begins to pinch at my nose and toes. I am not afraid of the night, unlike my little friend. Night is the Mistress of the Dark. I am a Spirit of the Light. But we are both Enchantresses of the Soul.
It is time for me to leave, though, as her shadows deepen around me. I give one last glance to the illuminating moon and the friends in her sky. Then I slide open my front door, and disappear inside.

Fairy Moon - David Delamare

Comments

Popular Posts